Sunday, May 13, 2007

What's Your Theological Worldview?

This is a very interesting quiz, more sophisticated than most. And my results surprised me a bit. I do agree with the description I got, but wish I could read the other options to compare.

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

79%

Modern Liberal

64%

Classical Liberal

61%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

57%

Neo orthodox

39%

Roman Catholic

36%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

32%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

Fundamentalist

11%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

3 comments:

ccw said...

I am the same thing and my scores are nearly identical to yours.

Rob Monroe said...

Mine puts neo orthodox higher than modern liberal.

I'm suprised. I took one of these types of tests with a Presbytery committee and I came out very traditional. In that one, though, there were limited choices. This one was thorough!

Sarahlynn said...

CCW, what a coincidence! And yet, somehow not terribly surprising.

Rob, this quiz makes me feel really ignorant. I don't even know what "neo orthodox" really means, and I don't think I'm willing to go to seminary to find out. Maybe later.