Friday, May 25, 2007

She's Baptised

Adelaide turned four months old on Wednesday, and her baptism last Sunday was a wonderful sacrament.

It was very meaningful to us to have Ada baptised at our church home, with our minister involved, my dad performing the baptism, Ellie helping pour water my dad collected from the River Jordan into an ewer, and even a little high church annointing with oil (I haven't washed her hair yet).

Unfortunately, I couldn't really concentrate on it at the time because I was distracted by my older daughter. Never shy, Ellie loved being in front of the whole congregation. She kept walking away from the rest of us to stand at the top of the steps, open her arms to the crowd, and say, "OK! OK! OK!" like a very enthusiastic benediction.

Now I'll step back and let the pictures speak for themselves.


6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Monroe said...

Adorable!

(both the pictures and the budding benedictionist!)

ccw said...

Beautiful pictures!

PPB said...

welcome, little ada!

Twisted Cinderella said...

beautiful pics. and adorable little benedictionist!

Unknown said...

What a lovely gown! Congratulations on the baptism, I found myself crying at both of my kids' baptisms, it's just so emotional for me. Ada looks so cute in Paul's arms, so alert, and your Ellie is adorable!