Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Snore . . .

I like to write after the kids have gone to bed, and Adelaide hasn't gone to bed for the last couple of nights, so . . . no me, no blogging. Also, I am pretty tired! I hear myself faltering in conversation, sharing oddly boring stories, interrupting rudely, and generally being unable to function as a normal adult.

But that doesn't keep me from trying! I hosted one of my book clubs last night (and even had some--quality, I hope--discussion points prepared). Sadly, no one had read the whole book, but I had fun, anyway. This morning we went to a friend's for a playdate. Yesterday was the mall, and tomorrow Ellie gets a haircut. Spring break flies by.

And how, oh how did I manage to stay home so much when Ellie was a baby? Poor Ada has a cold right now, but fortunately she's cheerful as ever. It was 6 months before Ellie got her first cold. Far be it from me to speak for Ada's discomfort, but in my opinion an earlier cold for the baby is so totally worth my sanity. I love being out and about with the girls instead of cooped up, bored, inside.

Ah, baby's up, and Ellie's attempts to soothe her can get a little violent. Adieu.

2 comments:

Beachcomber said...

I hope Ada's better soon! Regarding sleep ... yeah. I know what you mean about losing your ability to function as an adult. Carys' habit of waking once an hour between 2am and 5:30am is killing both me and her dad. I don't know how you manage with two tykes in your house!

Anne said...

Don't feel bad about going out, Ellie might have brought it home anyways. My first didn't get a cold until 8 months, the second & Nicky at about 2 weeks. Poor thing was so miserable unable to breathe.