Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ralph

Ellie can't make an "f" sound, so she turns lights "osh" and she loves "Ralsh."

We're all big Ralph's World fans around here (thanks for the long ago tip, Moreena). He's all kinds of a big deal now that he's on Playhouse Disney, but we love him anyway. We went to see him (twice!) at Disney World last fall, and are still bummed that we missed his last St. Louis show, which was at Blueberry Hill.

So there was no way we were going to miss his latest show, this time at The Pageant. That's a big move! A few blocks and a few thousand people.

The "nosh pit" at the Ralph's World Disney-MGM Studios show was fun and silly.

The kiddie mosh pit at The Pageant? Still good wholesome fun. But different, surely? I mean, I've seen Ani Difranco at The Pageant. And Lewis Black. And they have real mosh pits there! Though not during Ani or Lewis.

I stayed home with Ada while Paul took Ellie to the Ralph show on Sunday. We figured that 2 months is perhaps a bit young for a first rock concert. I dressed Ellie for the occasion: ponytail, snug jeans, tennis shoes, layered t-shirts with a classic Wonder Woman T on top. She looked like a 3-foot-tall teenager. Where is my baby?

She had a fabulous time.

Pre-Show warm-up:


Enjoying the music:

6 comments:

Angela said...

I know you're sick of hearing this, but Man! Ellie is SO cute! She DOES look like a little teenager. I'm glad she had a great time--and that she got to meet Ralph!

Sarahlynn said...

Never! I could never get tired of hearing that! Ellie also has a new big girl haircut, which, now that I think about it, looks a little like Meredith's hair.

Ralph has a little sister with Down syndrome, so he notices Ellie. : )

Anonymous said...

Not only is Ellie as adorable as ever, it sounds like a rockin' good time was had by all! EJ just went to her first kiddo concert ala Seasame Street Live and she LOVED it. We went with a bunch of her little friends and tried to keep them from eating the cotton candy that was being whored out at 10:30 am (though to EJ's credit she was completely horrified by it). They had a blast - me, so, so tired.

Ellie does look just like a little teeny bopper too! Who wouldn't love the WonderWoman shirt anyway?!

Orange said...

Ralph! We've seen a few Ralph's World shows here in Chicago, at the Park West, the Old Town School of Folk Music, and Millennium Park. Until Ralph hit the big time in kids' music, he was a Wiggleworms teacher at the Old Town School, playing guitar and singing for classes of toddlers. My son missed a class once, so we did a makeup session that turned out to be with Ralph. (Basically a solo Ralph's World acoustic performance of his first album in a room with 15 tots and their moms.) I developed an instant crush! But I've gotten over it since I haven't liked the way he wears his hair.

Ralph rocks.

Sarahlynn said...

SeasonalKat, Paul would say that those aren't good pictures. But at least they're him!

Emily Elizabeth, I bet you were tired! I took my two girls to the park this morning, then to a pizza buffet with a couple of friends and their children, and then nearly died when Ellie wouldn't nap this afternoon.

Orange, I heard Ralph being interviewed on All Things Considered recently, and he said that one of my favorite Ralph's World songs came out of a Wiggleworms session! M-O-M-M-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E. He made it up on the spot and the moms loved it. I'm betting especially the "and tonight perhaps I'll have a little vino" part.

Moreena said...

Ellie is absolutely adorable. I'm so glad she got to see Ralph! He overwhelms Annika, but she looooooves him so, nonetheless.