Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Party People in the House

I used to go see Ani Difranco twice a year, in Chicago and in St. Louis.

Then I didn't go to concerts very much for a while.

But I'm back, baby. We went to see Dora the Explorer Live!: Dora's Pirate Adventure just over a week ago, and we're going to see Ralph's World in a few weeks.

Yeah, I rock. I just gotta find my hemp do-rag.

***

On a happy note (punny! hah!) Ellie has started singing along.

At Musicgarten, a music class we attend once a week, we sing a song that mostly consists of "La la las" and Ellie la las along. We also sing a drumming song that sounds like, "Ray ba tay, ray ba tay, ray ba tay boom. Boom, boom, boom-boom-boom." She sings, "Tay tay tay Boom boom oom." At home, there's a song on one of her lullaby CDs that songs to me like, "Baloo baleery, balooo, baleeeery." I sing it to her when soothing nonsense is in order, like in the middle of the night. One night last week she started patting my back and singing, "baaooo, baooooo" to me. I burst into laughter, which probably didn't help my cause of getting her back to sleep.

6 comments:

ccw said...

LMAO!!

I can relate. I was thrilled to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Christmas becuase I know I may never make it to another real concert for a few years.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Ani. She is my goddess. She is my dream girl. She needs to get better so she can tour again. Until this year when she canceled out Columbia's show and didn't schedule a St. Louis show.

I think you and I need to talk. We clearly have common interests. *smile* E-mail me sometime, again, Girl. *grin*

Sarahlynn said...

CCW, that's funny, because when I read that, I thought: Trans-Siberian Orchestra, that sounds fun!

Definitely, Lily Bleu!

Unknown said...

Oh,,,,,my concert days have transcended to children's performers....but I have to say 'Tom Chapin' rocks!!!!

I have always used music as a tool to teach Emma Sage....way to go Ellie, you two can start your own band someday and we'll be your groupies!

Sarahlynn said...

Absolutely! I am so there.

Orange said...

Ralph's World rocks! But be sure you know his latest songs so you can sing along properly. With five goddamn albums out, it's hard to keep up with all the songs.

I took my son to a kiddie music class, a make-up for a class we'd missed, that was led by none other than Ralph himself. (He's above all that now.) I bet the moms always tried to get into the Ralph classes...