Thursday, February 09, 2006

Poacher

OK, I have a follow-up post with my thoughts relating to the Gender Traitor post below (and the discussion that follows!) but they'll wait for tomorrow. For a little Friday flare, I have a short story from my day today.

***

I found my purse lying on the floor, and it had clearly been searched. My wallet was open on the floor next to the purse. My mobile phone, which had slipped through a hole in the lining of the purse, was still in place.

As I placed everything back into my purse, it seemed that all was accounted for. Except -

There was the lid to my chapstick, not a foot away from the purse. The chapstick itself was nowhere to be seen.

I found it later tonight, in another room, completely eaten.

I don't think it was the dog.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

This from our angel who doesn't even like fried foods?! Hee/hee...

Anonymous said...

What is it about chapstick? My niece used to eat it all the time. Ew.

Sarahlynn said...

In her defense, it was a delicious cherry flavor.

Anonymous said...

Well at least she didn't pick something like antacids or paper as her choice to eat. Chapstick-at least it tastes good-lol.

ccw said...

Baby H helped herself to a tube of my Trader Joe's peppermint lip balm this week. She was very proud of herself.