Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Gift of Tears

That was the title of this morning's sermon at church, and it got me thinking about crying.

It's one thing to sing It's All Right to Cry and to give that advice to others. It's quite another thing for me to apply it to myself.

I don't think that I know how to cry without trying not to cry.

I wonder what would happen if, next time I am sad about real life, not a book or a movie, rather than fighting down the tears and calling up my requisite sarcasm, instead I told myself that it would be OK to just let loose.

I bet I'd dry up like the Sahara because I wouldn't know how to do it.

1 comment:

ccw said...

I know what you mean. I would love to have a big ol' cry when I get upset, but it simply doesn't happen.

Of course, I cry over commericals, blogs, and things my kids do, but I can't seem to find any tears for myself.