Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Be Fri / est ends

I might have spoken too soon about the rolling out of bed. I did find Ellie near the heating vent last night, mostly hidden behind the rocking chair. And Paul found her there again tonight. So perhaps this is still a work in progress.

But to balance that, there's something else I should have added to yesterday's list of happiness. Ellie will not eat fried foods, and her hands-down favorite food right now is broccoli. Oh, yes, she loves her pasta. But she doesn't plead for it like she does for "oppoli?" several times a day. I never want this to end.

***

Most of the kids in Ellie's class are there for preschool in the morning, including lunch, then nap at school and play in the afternoon until their parents come pick them up. Ellie and another boy are usually just there for the morning preschool part. Guy's mom often comes to pick him up at about the same time I pick up Ellie.

I was so glad when Guy moved up to the "2's" room because he and Ellie got along well in the "older toddlers" room. They're even better friends now, it seems, possibly because Ellie can walk and keep up better. It's really just been gross motor that's held her back at school.

Guy is typically developing, but he's still learning English. I'm guessing that he and his family are from Israel. I have no idea why Ellie and Guy have formed such a bond, but it's the cutest thing.

Today when Guy and his mom exited the classroom into the hallway after us, he unleashed a mini-torrent of English or Hebrew at his mom. "He wants to walk with Ellie, hold hands like this," she explained.

So I took Ellie back to Guy and they walked down the hallway hand-in-hand.

Priceless.

5 comments:

ccw said...

As I said yesterday, Kid L sleeps in her bed, so Ellie will eventually stay in her bed.

That story about Guy is absolutely adorable. I can only imagine how cute that moment truly was.

Jessica said...

Oh, where is a camera when you need it?! Too sweet...

Deanna Dahlsad said...

New to your blog, but wanted to say 'hi' and that as the mom of a special needs child, I will be reading often :)

Sarahlynn said...

Welcome, Motherhood Metamorphosis! I loved your laundry story and have added you to my "Double Sutch Mamas" blogroll.

selzach said...

Awwww, Ellie and Guy must have been adorable. He sounds like a little sweetie.

Toddlers and their foods are so funny. Peanut loves broccoli, too, although not quite as much as Ellie. I'm thankful we can get him to eat at least a few veggies. His daddy wouldn't touch most veggies until adulthood.