Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Excused Absence

Tonight will be my first night away from Paul and Ellie. I know! She's two! We left her alone with my parents already once! But this is Paul (a wonderful and more than capable daddy) alone with Ellie in our house, so it feels different.

I plan to read. And sleep really hard. And think about other stuff. And work lots. And make believe that my life is like it used to be, just for a little while.

My super cool happy fun almost-perfect part-time job is sending me on an overnight business trip. One night is the perfect length for a business trip, I think. Oh, how far the American Airlines Gold frequent flyer has come in the past few years. It doesn't seem like so long ago that I'd gladly hop on a plane with very little notice to give a presentation somewhere across the country.

In the meantime, there are some absolutely adorable pictures of Ellie here. Jessica, you all simply must come over again very soon so that we can have a rematch of Carcassonne. I promise not to cheat this time!

When I get back, I'll post belated pictures of our homemade Christmas presents. And more of Ellie.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Wait....you cheated?!

We enjoyed Carcassonne and can't wait to play again - let us know when you and Paul are available.

Have a great trip!

Fish said...

I came straight from Jessica's just to say that if you are ever in London, and would like a night out, and need a babysitter...!

I can supply referees!

Seriously, she's a darling

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

ccw said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Sarahlynn said...

Jessica, I didn't *cheat,* exactly, but after you left I "convinced" you to place a tile where it would really really help me. I still lost though. To Scott!

Thank you, fish on a bicycle!

Thanks, Rebecca and CCW! I did!

Holly said...

Ellie is absolutely adorable!

Sarahlynn said...

Thanks, Holly!