Monday, January 30, 2006

Maybe Golden Grahams

I am tired. So very, very tired. And it's late. But!
  1. Ellie stopped rolling out of her bed by the middle of last week.
  2. Now it's a behavioral issue involving convincing her to stay in bed.
  3. Tonight she climbed into bed and fell asleep on her own (after much rocking, reading, and singing on my part and some crying and beating at the closed door on her part).
  4. Everyone is healthy.
  5. I led a discussion this morning on the authors of the four gospels, and I think it went well.
  6. I actually exercised today and didn't die; I might try it again tomorrow. I've had to adjust belt holes, so something must be happening. But I am really craving a box - yes a whole box - of sugary cereal with milk. And I don't usually eat sugary cereal, with or without milk.
  7. My Valentine's present for Paul had better turn out kickass cool, after it's all said and done.
  8. It's impossible to look at this face every day and not smile.

4 comments:

ccw said...

Glad that Ellie is getting better at sleeping in her bed. It took quite some time before Kid L stopped getting out of bed to play or fall asleep under something. However, I assure you it will happen.

Happy that your diet and exercise is working for you and making you feel better. Isn't it weird the things we crave when we try to lose weight.

I forgot about V-Day, thanks for the reminder.

No, it is not possible.

Amy Linder said...

Good luck with the sleeping-in-her-bed thing. Ella has more or less adjusted to falling asleep on her own without getting out of bed (too many times, anyway). Still working on getting her to stay there all night. I think we'll invest in a cute, girly digital clock for her so we can teach her to stay in bed until the first number is a "6" (or 7 - that would be cool).

Amy :)

Sarahlynn said...

CCW, thank you for the reassurance!

Amy, that's a great idea! At young ages you could even tape something over the other numbers so that it's less confusing.

Holly said...

That is a lot to be grateful for... especially #8, she makes the heart melt!