Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Regression

I expected Ellie to resume some younger-child behaviors after the baby was born. I know that that sort of thing is typical, so I was prepared for it. But I wasn't expecting her to start before the baby was born!

Lately, Ellie has taken to wanting to play with bottles, and will ask me to fill a bottle with water for her. Note that she never took a bottle as a baby, and still doesn't really know how to work it. She mainly likes to chew on the nipple while a little water dribbles out.

She has started rejecting the potty and most diaper changes, again things she never did as a baby/much younger toddler.

And she went through a two-week period of screaming bloody murder at bedtime, and/or wanting to be held and rocked until she was soundly asleep. Now she's pretty much resumed her regular bedtime routine, but she's getting up at 5:30 am. Yawn.

Delays? No delay here. She clearly gets what's about to happen at our house and she's preparing in advance!

Snapshot of my morning. Ellie's dressed and ready for school, sitting in front of the TV while I get myself ready. Paul's out of town on a short business trip. I'm freshly showered, hair nicely styled, wearing my pretty work clothes, booting violently into the kitchen sink. Classy.

3 comments:

ccw said...

Not-So-Baby H certainly did regression. She asked for my breast, then a bottle. She crawled and delighted in her diapers. Fortunately, it passes.

Hope you feel better!

themikestand said...

Always looking for a bottle?
Hooked on nipples?
Bad with bathroom appliances?

Hmm, Ellie could be me.

(I do try to avoid the crying and asking to be held, but a guy can only hold back so much.)

Sarahlynn said...

Thanks, PPB.

CCW, at least Ellie is (so far) completely uninterested in my nipples for anything other than grabbing and twisting when I'm shirtless and vulnerable.

Mike, HAH!

SeasonalKat, that's what I'm hoping!