Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Even Better than Yesterday

After lunch, or breakfast, or dinner, Ellie comes up to me and says, "Teeth!" tapping her front ones descriptively. So we go into the bathroom and she brushes away. More accurately, she chews on her toothbrush happily, after sucking off all the non-fluoride toothpaste, and repeatedly rinses it to refresh the tasty goodness for more sucking pleasure. I don't know where she gets this oral hygiene fixation; perhaps the toothpaste is a sort of dessert for her.

This morning, she really wanted to play duck duck goose. This is a pretty silly game with only 2 people, but everything with a giggly toddler is surprisingly fun. Even if I was duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, and goose. And she stood still behind me tapping my head the whole time, until it was my turn to reach around and grab her for a laptime tickling fest.

I love this age. I love it. And I love her developing personality and ability to do things for herself. This just gets better all the time.

Ellie, shown here with beloved cousin, of almost exactly the same age. Beloved cousin is on the "up" arc of a bounce, while Ellie is in the trough. She can't really jump on her own yet, but loves this shared experience.

2 comments:

Sugared Harpy said...

My boys did the same thing with the toothpaste.

And I love the girlies jumping on the bed, so fun!

Sarahlynn said...

Caboose! Do you have to say, "Chugga chugga chugga chugga - choo choo!" as you chase him around the circle?

Melissa, yuck yuck yuck! But she loves it and it building a good habit, so I'm encouraging this for now. When we switch to flouride, I'm afraid that some limits will be in order.

Thanks, PPB, I thought so too. I love watching Ellie with other kids. Mostly when it goes well.