Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blast

I went to the mall today with my mom and Ellie. We had fun. I got a dress to wear to my sister's September wedding, and a couple of neat maternity things.

In the process, I lost some very nice earrings that Paul recently bought for me.

It's too late to call tonight, and they don't open until 10:00 tomorrow. Almost certainly, someone vacuumed the changing rooms tonight. And if someone found one or both earrings, chances are that they kept it/them.

Drat drat drat drat drat.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Did I tell you that just a day before the wedding, I went to try on a top and lost one of the diamond earrings that Scott had bought me AS A WEDDING PRESENT? I was all the way home before I realized it and I sobbed like a baby. Fortunately, the young lady who took my call that night had a good eye and was honest.

ccw said...

So sorry about your earrings. I hope that you are lcuky enough to have them found and returned.

Camera Obscura said...

I lost an earring at the Chesterfield Famous. A gift from my best friend. Made by her sister, in another state. I went and grovelled for a new one.

I still have to find shoes for Sister's wedding over Labor Day...

Sarahlynn said...

Jessica, I did not know that! I am so glad that the sales clerk found your earring.

Camera, that sucks. I'm glad you got a new one! And good luck with the shoes; that's my next quest too.

CCW and PPB, here's hoping. So far, no luck. My mom spent 45 minutes at the mall this morning before leaving town, retracing our steps and talking to clerks in all the stores and kiosks where we shopped. I called and left my name with the mall office and the head of security (who runs lost and found). But I think they're gone gone gone. Both of them.

I did try on several tops and dresses, but the real culprit, I believe, is a two-year-old who loves to pull on my pretty earlobes . . .

Sarahlynn said...

SeasonalKat, your mileage sounds quite a bit like mine!