Sunday, April 30, 2006

What a Weekend

Friday evening we had dinner with friends, then cajoled the kids into sleeping while we watched the "season premier" of Alias.

Saturday morning, Paul, Ellie, and I went to the Moolah Shrine Circus. Ellie rode a pony! That afternoon/evening, we went to see Disney's The Wild.

Sunday morning was church, where Ellie performed wonderfully and didn't seem to think it at all strange that she should be doing so in front of hundreds of people. Then, in the afternoon, a good friend of mine (both a good friend and a good friend) took me to the Cardinals game. Yeah, that's right. At the new Busch Stadium. Where seats are almost impossible to come by. And she had tickets for the Cardinals Club section. And it was a great game.

Then we all had dinner over at our minister's lovely home with her husband and two young children.

Awesome weekend. Now I need a weekend so that I can recover!

***

When I'm thinking about people I like, I play this little game. I pretend that I have a huge pile of money and I can use it to buy things for people. I'm not talking about ending world poverty here, just nice things that I'd like to do for people.

I'd like to buy my mom a new Prius. Like, immediately.

And while I'm thinking of it, my mother-in-law has always dreamed of having a Mustang convertible.

And I'd really really love to pay for a friend of mine to have as many cycles of IVF as she wants.

Now you go.

5 comments:

ccw said...

Sounds like a really nice weekend. I spent mine having contractions, being tired, rearranging furniture, and spending time with the girls.

With my pile of money I would:
- pay off any debt owed by my mom
- pay off my bf's mortgage
- contribute heavily to a wonderful local cat rescue

~Mad said...

*I'd pay off debt of some young mothers and mothers-to-be with whom I work who want to be stay-at-home mom's so badly it hurts.
*I'd give money to the facility my elderly (86) year old mother resides in so that they could have more "homemakers" than they need and oodles of activities for the folks that live there and better evening meals. Then I'd start looking at other small facilities in town for the same purpose.
*That's about it right now - what a thought-provoking idea....

Sarahlynn said...

I'd also love to pay off the student loans of everyone in my family. I've always planned to do that . . . someday.

Unknown said...

When you need a weekend to recover from the weekend, you know you had a great time!

With my pile, I'd

-Buy my mom a ticket every year so she could go home to Ireland to see her family.
-send a dear friend a bunch so that she had a secret stash hidden for simple pleasures with the children [so she didn't have to worry about the gas to even get out of the house]
-buy the farm next to me and set up a food pantry for those that are hungry in my community. Maybe a co-op where they could came an plant, tend and harvest and fill their belly's and pantry's with the food we could grow.

Sarahlynn said...

These are all so much fun. I love reading them! Doesn't it make you feel good to just imagine doing these things?