Friday, April 21, 2006

Busy

As those who regularly cruise our street and assess our driveway traffic situation are well aware, we've got an out-of-town guest this week/end. Since she's staying in the guest room, along with "my" computer, I'm away from the blog. Except for this brief surely-not-from-work note!

I should be back on Monday. Until then, please enjoy those many pictures of Ellie when you stop by.

And if you know what "Alpha Phi Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega" means, I hope to see you on Sunday night!

4 comments:

Sarahlynn said...

That shouldn't surprise me; you sound like a great choice to advise a chapter!

We sand the toast song last night, and I surprised myself by remembering all the words.

Here's to Alpha Phi Omega,
Loyal Brothers we,
True to Self and to each other, firm in loyalty
Daily working, daily striving,
ever more to be,
Men of Alpha Phi Omega, our Fraternity.

Brothers clasp the hands of Brothers,
strong the circle we,
Ever mindful ever serving all humanity
Now we raise our grateful voices,
in our song to thee
Men of Alpha Phi Omega, may we always be.


Of course, like many chapters, the Wash U chapter customizes that a bit. There are some "and sisters" thrown in there for good measure, along with some echos and "true to" replacing "men of".

Jessica said...

Sarahlynn, I want you to know that your adorable daughter made her own appearance at the blogger meet up in NYC - Leslie and Colin (Fish on a Bycicle who often comments twice on my Ellie posts) got caught up in a conversation about her sweetness.

Sarahlynn said...

Sweet! Thank you!

brooke said...

mu mu chapter. many years ago, and i never did stay in touch. plus its in atlanta. that song up there sure does bring back memories :)