This is a familiar one that goes like this:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
6 Bits of Sarahlynn:
- I've never had a cold sore. For some strange reason, this is very important to me (probably because it seems very important to my mother) and I freak out a little whenever anyone with a cold sore holds/touches/gets too close to one of my children. I've been known to irrationally coat them with antibacterial goo afterwards (and, yes, I know that cold sores are caused by a virus, not a bacteria. Still, alcohol is somewhat effective at killing lots of things.)
- I used to chew my nails. A lot. I've stopped that (though I do chew at my cuticles sometimes) and replaced the habit with picking at my lip. My bottom lip on its right side. Which often makes me look like I have a cold sore.
- Thinking of sores, I've told you about how I once shaved my eye, haven't I? With a razor blade, while trying to shave my armpit. (I'm both a perfectionist and a touch near-sighted.) I had to wear an eye-patch to jr. high school for half a day, which was mortifying.
- My eyes are brown, but they were greeny-hazel until just before I turned 3. The books say that eye color settles in the first year, but that's just not so. Ada's eyes are very similar to mine.
- As far as colors go, I don't have a favorite one. I also don't have a favorite book, movie, song, or quote. Why limit myself? I can tell you what I'm enjoying now and what I enjoyed 10 years ago. But a single favorite? My mind spins uselessly.
- I gave up music because of Eminem (and Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock, etc.). At some point, I got so frustrated with hating the lyrics of the music I liked - I'd already given up most rap - that I just switched my radio permanently to NPR. And, later, toddler tunes. Despite being a (lapsed) musician, the lack of music in my life (except for lullabies and constant toddler tunes) hasn't bothered me.
As you see, I cheated a little. Each item links to the next; the list isn't completely random. That made the game more fun for me, so I encourage this modification to those who are interested.
Now I'm supposed to tage 6 of you. But, sadly, I haven't been reading blogs (other than the professional writing/editing/agenting blogs) in my reader closely enough to be sure that I'm not tagging someone who has already done it. If I've double-tagged you, please just ignore it!