Monday, October 09, 2006

The New Count

26 (or 27, depending on which ultrasound you're reading) weeks pregnant:
  • Spontaneous belly touches: 3, not counting family or friends
  • Comments about how freakishly large I am already: innumerable, at least 3 just today
  • Follow-up queries as to whether or not I'm "sure," or if I might be carrying twins: see above
Also, since I often write about Ellie's sleep when I have complaints, I want to share some love here too. We've been having some challenges with Ellie's nap, it's true. She doesn't quite make it through the afternoon without one - oh, she can hold her eyes open until after dinner, but it's not pleasant for anyone. And she's been getting up a little too early in the morning. Paul might say it's a lot too early, since he's usually the one getting up with her. But bedtime? Bedtime rocks.

Ellie has been doing great with going to sleep at night. We do the whole night time routine: potty, bath or face/hand washing, tooth brushing, pajama application, climb up into bed, read stories, lights off, say prayers, kiss goodnight. And she rolls onto her side, snugs the covers up to her chin, and goes to sleep on her own. Wonder child! Blessings upon her soul.

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

To me, right now, it feels pretty big! : )