Monday, October 30, 2006

Hiatus

Ellie's birthday party this weekend was a lot of fun, for all the girls. Everything went swimmingly.

Her new favorite sentences (yes! sentences!) are "I nice," or "I not nice," depending on her mood, in response to compliments that she's being very nice (to her doll, or holding my hand across the parking lot without complaint, etc.).

Paul found her earlier today holding a salt shaker and trying valiantly to open a container of leftover chocolate frosting. Salty plus sweet, that's my girl! And a chocolate lover, that's her daddy.

We're all fine, physically.

Otherwise, things are not fine. Not fine.

I think I might not be here for a while.

9 comments:

ccw said...

Glad Ellie's party was a success.

(((Sarahlynn)))

I hope everything works itself out. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Jessica said...

Per our e-mail correspondence, I am here in any capacity that I can be of assistance - no request too great or small.

Psycho Kitty said...

Me too. And I sent you my #. I mean it, honey, you call me.

thistle said...

((((Sarahlynn)))) I'm sorry things aren't fine. Take care of yourself.

themikestand said...

Oh, dear. I hope things straighten themselves out ASAP. The internet is always here when you need it/us.

-Mike

Moreena said...

Sarahlynn,
I remember the package you brought for me when we were up in Chicago last winter. I was so surprised to discover how much of it was for *me* rather than Annika (although Annika totally adopted that sparkly blue blanket--she is still in love with it). I was also surprised at how much the things you selected reflected someone who thought, carefully, about the needs of others.

I wish I had the same gift for figuring out what others need, so I could offer it up to you right now.

CJ said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you make it through your troubles with speed and strength. We'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Big love to you. Big love.

kairos said...

Yes, prayers and thoughts to you from over by here. Be well...