Sunday, October 22, 2006

Autumn in the Air

"You're not allowed to make any more soups for a while," Paul said tonight. "I'm tired of washing these big pots!"

I have made stew, broccoli cheese noodle soup, and chili in the past week. It's fall here! I love autumn. Paul and Ellie carved jack-o-lanterns yesterday, and Paul made some good headway on Ellie's new closet system today. (I found plans online that promised to show Paul how to build a professional-looking closet system for under $100. He spent $60 and it's going to look great. Plus, he loves this sort of project.)

We took a walk around the block tonight to look at the decorations. We used to do this nightly, and I forgot how fun it can be. But we really needed hats and mittens! Already!

Ellie has discovered a new game to make mommy flinch. "Bee!" she'll yell, pointing behind me, then laugh uproariously. Hah hah hah. Really, I love it.

I was nervous about my OB appointment on Friday, but it went well. I'll get my glucose results early this week (fingers crossed) but all the other news was good. Clean urine test (I assume they're checking for protein, not pot, but whatever). Better weight gain this month (last month I gained a ridiculous amount, due to lack of exercise coupled with too much travel). LARGE uterus. "Wow, it really shot up there this month!" Also good. And nice blood pressure, too: 100/70. My exercise-induced sciatica is normal and non-harmful, just "uncomfortable." Whatever. And my many contractions aren't a concern, unless I can't get them to stop by lying down and drinking water. All systems go!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Where's you find these plans for closets? Ours are atrocious.

Sarahlynn said...

Amanda, eBay! For like $8 including shipping. But now that we own the plans, which can be adapted for most closets, I'm sure Paul would be happy to share.

SeasonalKat, that is awful! I wouldn't deal so "well" with it if I didn't think that this would be ending in another 2-1/2 months or so. I *like* knowing when a pain will end. Otherwise, it's far less bearable!

grace said...

Yay for fall! congrats on your positive appointment-i wish i could be there for the festivities this weekend.

speaking of soups: i made my first crock pot stew (panama pork) yesterday!

ps. i love my niece's sense of humor (as long as she keeps it to bees and not roaches)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely game Ellie has created--too cute.