Monday, December 19, 2005

Normal

Paul and I were sitting around Saturday night, wrapping presents and watching the best television show ever, which we own on DVD and have been parceling out slowly, terribly saddened that the joy must end eventually (we only have two episodes left from the original series).

We started talking about life and all, you know, the sorts of thrilling conversations that people have once they've covered the weather, local politics, let's-get-married, and baby poop.

I said, "You know, lately I've been feeling like life's getting back to normal."

Paul concurred. It really is, you know. I mean, it will never be the same again, of course. But I'm starting to feel like I have a bit of myself back. My daughter is becoming - just a little - independent and self-sufficient. I can reasonably expect to sleep most nights, to have a little time and space to read stuff, make stuff, think stuff.

How divine. It must be time to have another one.

6 comments:

ccw said...

How funny! That sounds like our house. We, no doubt, decided that a 3rd child was necessary after we discussed weather and politics.

I think Ellie would make an excellent big sister.

Jessica said...

I kept waiting for that last line and I was not disappointed - hee/hee!

JT said...

*wink* I can really relate to that. :)

But (luckily or unluckily) I can always rely on my husband to say no.

Redhead Editor said...

I love that show, too. Maybe we can meet for lunch and you can share the DVDs. Hint Hint. Normal? It'll never happen.

Hazelnut said...

HA. I know, I had hours free each evening and got lots done during the day before! Now I carry the front page of the paper around from room to room trying to finish an article before the days out.

Sarahlynn said...

Gah! Don't try to dissuade me with reason!

E - absolutely! Lunch in our little downtown sometime in January? Most Tuesdays and Thursdays work for me.