Saturday, December 03, 2005

Eggnog and Boycott

. . . but don't boycott Eggnog!

Last night I put Eggnog in Ellie's cup at dinner. I nattered along as I placed her cup and napkin in front of her, as I do, saying, "I put something different in your cup tonight; it's not milk; it will probably freak you out a bit."

She was otherwise occupied with her pizza and corn, and I don't think that she heard a word I was saying. But eating pizza and corn is thirsty work, so she immediately grabbed the cup and started chugging down the eggnog. I thought that the taste and texture would register and she'd immediately sputter and spit it all out.

She didn't. She drank that cup dry!

I was recording "The Little Drummer Boy" on ABC Family tonight, and it got me thinking about how annoyed I was to be watching ABC Family. This is the station that shows Pat Robertson's The 700 Club. Folks, these are not family values.

Please consider writing to ABC and Disney, letting them know that your family will not be watching their stations/movies, or buying any of their products until they stop irresponsibly airing this hate-filled and not family-friendly program.

Thanks!

3 comments:

ccw said...

It so annoys me that the 700 club is still on the air or that Pat Robertson has not been replaced.

When I hear people complain about Michael Moore all I can think of is people on the other side politically who seem every bit as fanatical and nutty; just like Pat Robertson.

Sarahlynn said...

No joke. And it's not like we really have any "liberal" counterpart to all the conservative talk radio. Air America . . . not quite. At least, not yet.

On a more positive note, I saw *two* commercials tonight about the evils of Wal*Mart!

Sarahlynn said...

On a related note, that animated "The Little Drummer Boy" was really awful. Totally boring.