Friday, December 16, 2005

It's Time for a Picture

Here we are, in front of the Christmas tree, in our matching sweaters. Isn't it nauseating?

I thought that we were long overdue for a dose of cute; the diatribe:diapers ratio here was getting skewed.

In related news, I'd be sending out our Christmas letters, creatively designed on the computer and ready to be printed on pretty paper, except for technical difficulties.

I tried to print a test copy, and learned that we were out of black ink. Paul purchased and installed a new cartridge, and the printer stopped working. He removed the printer to take it apart and fix it, and now the (temperamental cordless) keyboard's a bit screwy. And the printer still isn't printing right. So, the Christmas cards will have to wait until the curse lifts.

Giving up for the night, I tripped over a shoe in the dark and spilled a glass of water all over my side of the bed.

12 comments:

ccw said...

Great picture! I hope your printer cooperates soon so that you can send out your cards.

Psycho Kitty said...

You are all DARLING! Card, card!

Belovedlife said...

What a great family! It isn't nauseating...it's the spirit of the holiday season! Hope you can get your cards out...you always have until new years....Thanks for stopping by my blog I can't wait to hear more about you and your family

Jessica said...

I LOVE the picture! Can't wait to get mine....hint/hint!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful family photo!

Sarahlynn said...

PK, only if you're brave enough to send your address . . .

Jessica, as soon as the printer starts working again, it's on its way! Paul's promised to take the thing apart again tonight, so we'll see. Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow?

Thanks, CCW and BelovedLife!

Rebecca, I wish I could comment on your blog, but it won't let me!

Zoe, I ordered the sweaters from Disney, and they did have a matching dog sweater. I considered it, but decided to spare Lizzi. I'm not above the idea, though. Lizzi has a great pair of jingle bell antlers that I force upon her this time each year.

paulboal said...

The #$!&#!@ printer still refuses to work after having been disassembled and cleaned twice. Cheap piece of #$!@#!&. The funny thing was, when I went to go buy the new black ink cartridge, the cashier pointed out, "if you buy three more of these you could have bought a new printer!" Wish I had just bought the new printer, now... Maybe xmas will come a little early for Dad this year, so that we can print an mail out the letters before next weekend. ;)

Sarahlynn said...

Done! Sealed, stamped, and heading to the post office in the morning. Wahoo!

selzach said...

Awww...sweet picture. Christmas is the one time a year you get to take the cutesy family pictures and not feel silly about it. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Redhead Editor said...

Take full advantage of the TWELVE days of Christmas. No rush. Ya got till Jan 6. And what a great photo.

flatflo said...

My family firmly believes in Epiphany Epistles instead of Chrismas Card! Really it made sense, as my folks own and operate a Chrismas Tree farm it just got too busy during the lead up to the holiday. Luckily it got very quiet thereafter...

But then again we also did the 12 days of Christmas, 1 big present on the day of then small gifts the rest of the days. Sometimes it was just socks and underwear, but sometimes my mom hit great post-holiday sales!

Sarahlynn said...

The cards got to the people by the 21st, so success is mine!

Laura, I have a (wee little) present for you for being #20,000! Hopefully I'll run into you sometime before Thanks[Mypetrock].