Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Heart Healthy

Everything went well at the cardiologist's today, though we were there for two hours!

The exam and echo were both great, and the doctor assured us that, while Ellie has some "mitral insufficiency," trace leakage at the tricuspid valve, and a tiny shunt, it's all the same as it was before and there's nothing to worry about.

Unless she has her teeth cleaned or needs to have her adenoids out (for her constant nasal congestion) or something of that nature.

Hint for getting a two-year-old to stay very still for a 10+ minute echocardiogram: bribe her with food, doled out as slowly as possible without incurring great wrath, and interspersed with fun songs, sung quietly. It's a tricky dance, but the result is worth it.

So we're free and clear until next year! God willing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful and glorious news......here is to a great year and a clear echo next year too!

I have been meaning to e-mail you about modeling and will send you out a note tomorrow.

Peace, Tara Marie

thistle said...

I'm so glad she's doing so well. The picture in the post below--just--all of those pictures of her surgery never fail to tear me up. It's amazing what she went through so little, and wonderful how well she is now.

Sarahlynn said...

Tara Marie, I'll look forward to it!

Thistle, me too. Good to "see" you!

Krupskaya said...

Ah, those photos...what a strong little fighter she is. I'm so glad the appointment went well today! Also, I loved the post about made-up signs. Made-up signs are almost even better than "real" signs. More brain connections! Woot!

Sarahlynn said...

Krupskaya, yes!

Siobhan, hi! I used gummy fruits yesterday. They're one of Ellie's favorite things in the whole world and so are a special treat. I can't remember. What did they find on Harper's echo? Is it an ASD? I miss hearing how she's doing! And, of course, you too!

ccw said...

Wonderful news! Glad it went so well.