Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Little Bit More About My Breasts

Speaking in generalities, of course: When you're pregnant, your breasts get fuller. And then when you're nursing, at first they're a lot fuller. Quite literally, with the spraying in the shower and dripping on your toes and whatnot.

I know one mom who quit nursing late one winter, when her son was about 4 months old, because she didn't want to have to buy new spring shirts one size larger than her normal size. No kidding.

Towards the end of breastfeeding, I was not pleased with my breasts. They seemed . . . flabby. Isn't that attractive? Aren't you glad that you read that about me? I tried to resign myself to it. Oh well, I thought, I guess I just never take off my bra again. I guess this is what having kids does to you.

But - now it's two weeks later and they seem to have gone back to normal! Alleluia! What a lovely surprise. Unless they're about to punk me by deflating any moment. I don't know how all this works, having never gone through it before.

Update: Ellie and I went shopping today and bought two new bras for mommy. Bras that don't have peek-a-boo panels for easy access! Wahoo! It turns out that I wasn't imagining things. My cup size went back down one to my pre-pregnancy size, which has apparently made them firmer. And that's just fine with me!

6 comments:

ccw said...

Lucky you! I always go back down the 2 cup sizes I gain (one in pregnancy, one while nursing), but they never became firmer. Instead I have very small breasts with nipples that look at the floor.

Now, I know you are thrilled to read that! LOL

Sarahlynn said...

Hah! Well, after I said, "flabby breasts," I think anything goes. And I don't want to insinuate that my breasts are ever going to be invited to appear in print, except perhaps in a medical journal someday. It's not like I have the perky breasts of a surgically enhanced teenager . . .

JT said...

My cup size went back down one too, but unfortunately it didn´t make them any firmer. The only periodical they´d qualify for now is the National Geographic.

Nevertheless glad for you Sarahlynn!

Jessica said...

jSarahlynn, I didn't even breastfeed (you know his name) so I have no idea why my boobs never went back to normal! Congrats...

(Oh, and the "invited to appear in print" made me lose it!)

Sarahlynn said...

Ciara, I can't even imagine my breasts in National Geographic!

Jessica, if you didn't say so, I'd never have guessed. You must have some amazing bras!

selzach said...

I'm in the process of weaning now and my poor boobies are definitely of the saggy variety. I'm hoping once I get out of the nursing bra and into a regular one, it'll at least give the appearance of some perkiness!