Monday, February 19, 2007

The First Yuck of 2007

My mom left today, and I had the afternoon alone with the girls. Why not rip the Band-Aid off all at once? Ellie has a stomach bug and is in a resisting sleep phase.

Tonight, the predictable happened: I am similarly stricken.

I wonder if I'll even be able to tell when Ada gets sick. I don't want to get into too much detail here, but it's not like I'm likely to notice a big change. As long as she keeps nursing, we should be OK. I hope I hope I hope I hope.

She's 4 weeks old in a few hours.

4 comments:

Beachcomber said...

Hi SarahLynn,

First off, apologies. Most of my comment is completely unrelated to your post. SO SORRY to hear of the barfing. Yerch. I hope you all get through it in one piece.

I just found my blog (The Painted Turtle). You made a comment about something I posted a year ago and it's taken me this long to reply. How lame is that. Anyway, yes, that's my daughter and she is the cutest thing to ever take over my life. Thanks for your comment and would you mind if I link to you? I'm trying to get the old blog going again.

Beach (aka Victoria)

Jess said...

Oh goodness. I'll try to send you some of the "healthy" vibes I've been sending myself! ;) Sounds like you need them more than me.

I don't know if I've commented since your gorgeous babe was born...but if not, congratulations. ((())) I know your road has been hard lately...but I hope you know that its an inspiration to read about, and that your readers are pulling for you.

Sarahlynn said...

Tina, Paul stayed home for several days, then his mom came for 2 weeks. It's been lovely to have help with the girls.

SeasonalKat, at least this seems to have been a quick bug. I can't believe how quickly the newborn period is going! I'm loving every minute, though.

Victoria, I am so glad to hear about your daughter!!! Please do link to me.

Jessie, thank you so much.

Jen said...

I too had the dreaded stomach bug, along with my 8-month-old. Lovely weekend it was.

Glad to hear Ada is doing so well. The rest of you be well too!