Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ada Laughed

Today's post was going to be all about Ellie, but instead I want to mention that Ada laughed today.

She's often at her most smiley when she's just falling asleep, and this afternoon was no exception. She had just started dozing on my lap, and I was reading while holding her long enough for her to fall into a deeper sleep so that I could lay her down and go put Ellie down for her nap.

I got to a funny line in my novel, and inadvertently laughed aloud. Eyes still closed, still mostly asleep, Ada laughed back. She did it again later today, overhearing Ellie and I laughing and playing when Ada was waking up from her nap, so I know that it was no fluke.

This little girl, like her big sister, really is tuned into my emotions. Ada laughs when I laugh and cries when I cry.

Ellie does too, but also takes an active role in trying to make sure that everyone is happy all the time, frequently assuring us that she's happy and asking if we are too.

1 comment:

Imperfect Christian said...

Oh, what a special moment! I'm glad you guys are all doing well (for the most part.) You're still in my thoughts and prayers.