Monday, May 01, 2006

Contrast

Taking Ellie to school this morning, I saw several lessons in contrast.

I saw a sign advertising a boxing event called "Superbrawl" at the Family Arena next weekend.

I saw a woman pulling away from Ellie's school in her minivan, frantically puffing on a freshly lit cigarette.

I parked next to a shiny, beautiful red Corvette . . . with an infant seat riding shotgun.

Then, back out on the main road, I saw the most honest bumper sticker statement I've ever seen. On the left of the pick-up-truck's rear window was a bright, new-looking W'04 sticker. On the right side of the rear window, battered and looking as though someone had tried to peel it off in little pieces, was an American Flag sticker.

So true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting finds...

I will never forget the time I saw a woman with three loose kids in the backseat, while she breastfed an infant in the front-while driving.

It was about a year ago, I was in shock.

Sarahlynn said...

GAH! (although I can understand the temptation . . .)