Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Roll a Day

Well, I have a stomach bug again. I've been running at the wrong end for more than 48 hours now and I feel like hell.

But on the bright side, I'm only 1-1/2 Newsweeks behind now, and my diet has been effective this weekend.

Paul and Ellie had a great trip to the park yesterday, and a nice outing to the movies this afternoon. To my great surprise, Ellie watched Curious George in its entirety, while sharing a bag of popcorn with her daddy. This is my daughter who is uninterested in the TV unless Dora the Explorer is on, and even then she might only be good for 15 minutes of concentration.

It's spring here now. I know this because of the warm temperatures, the beautiful thunder storms, the obnoxious news coverage of the storms, the fuzzy buds on the magnolia trees, and the first shoots of the crocuses poking up from the earth, it's true. But also I can tell that it's spring because the bugs are back. Surely bugs themselves are tangible evidence of evolution - set in motion, if you will, by the Creator.

Why would God design a world in which I have to contend with both insects and diarrhea when things are otherwise so lovely?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well-I hope you have a quick recovery.

We noticed bugs about in Michigan this weekend as well, and it has been raining for more than 14 hours pretty much none stop.

Miss Laina and my four year old love Dora. My son has been asking to see curious george-if Ellie liked it I am sure they will now. Sounds like I am going to need to splurge on a movie this week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you've got about 2 more days to go. This bug has about a 4-day gig.

Krupskaya said...

Up north, we have no bugs. But then, we still have a foot of snow on the ground. :p And y'know? I'll take that trade. Hee!

Sarahlynn said...

RNP, after the movie, Ellie was talking about the monkey (she is adorable when imitating a monkey) and tapping her head while saying, "Hat! hat!" for the man in the yellow hat. I don't know how much she "got," but she seemed to have a really good time.

Bill, that's very *good* news; thank you! I got sick on Friday afternoon, so tonight will be my 4th night. Maybe it will start clearing up tomorrow.

Krupskaya, I admit that I am jealous of your snow. I don't know if I could do the Lake Superior climate, but I do know that I'd like to see fewer bugs and more snow.