I'm not sure exactly how we'll pay for this vacation (I foresee a bit more freelance work in my near future). But I know I'm excited about it!
Our summer plans so far include:
- Summer school (Ellie)
- Vacation Bible Camp (Ada)
- Family vacation on the beach in Michigan with my family (8 adults, 4 mobile grandchildren with two more pending)
- Swimming lessons (Ellie and Ada)
- Some assortment of dancing and gymnastics lessons (Ellie and Ada, specifics TBD)
- Camp K (environmentalist vacation Bible camp (Ellie and Ada)
- Wyoming vacation! All four of us will visit Paul's parents. And then maybejustmaybe Paul and I will leave the girls with Nana and Grandpa and go off on our own for a couple of days. Will it be hot springs and spa trips? Hiking, floating, biking, horseback riding, or climbing? I'm not sure! But I spec'ed out trips heading north, south, east, and west from our home base; driving and flying; to B&Bs, dude ranches, and spas. Perhaps I should have been a travel agent.
We also plan to host a lot of friends and family at our home this summer. And that's great fun, too. But right now my head's about 8000 feet in the air, full of outdoor jacuzzis, yurts with composting toilets (gonna skip that one, sorry), and flipping through titles of books I plan to read.
Off to bed.