Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still Love the Zoo

I'm Friday photoblogging one day early this week, because I'm hoping against hope that I have something else to post tomorrow. Stay turned.

In the meantime . . .

I can't remember the last time I skipped church. Even on vacation, we often attend services somewhere. But last Sunday, beautiful Sunday, we bailed and went to the zoo. It was lovely. *


And the girls got some ink.


* (Technically, these pictures are from when the girls and I went to the zoo by ourselves last Friday. Ellie had a teacher development day, so no school. It was so much fun, and Daddy was so jealous, that we went back all together on Sunday. But we forgot the camera for the second trip. So the only new zoo photos I have are from my vantage point as one parent with two kids, and I mostly see the tops/backs of their heads. Still cute.)

Note the walking children? Using patience and a careful combination of train rides, bribery, and sympathy/cajoling, we managed to limit stroller-riding to entering and leaving the zoo. Woohoo!!!! (Walking long distances is still very hard for Ellie.)

3 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

(nice spam above)

I completely forgot our camera last Saturday at a place we went to. It was weird, but a little liberating.

Love the pics!

Sarahlynn said...

Yeah, "Sexy" there sent me about a dozen of those this morning. Very non-targeted marketing.

Doesn't Ellie look terribly grown-up and hip?

Tracey said...

Wow, lovely spam! :) This reminds me it's been FAR too long since we've done the zoo. Must go to the zoo. :)