Friday, January 14, 2005

The Hug Game

I was wrong. The glasses game is not the funnest game in the world; a new game has earned that title.

At 15 months, Ellie plays the usual toddler games. She throws things on the floor to watch us pick them up and she sticks her hands into our mouths to see what will happen (I bite her fingers with my lips over my teeth, which she finds hilarious).

This morning, she taught me a new game. In this game, she crouches on my lap, facing me. Then she grins and springs at me, wrapping her arms around my neck in a tight hug. After a moment she shoves off of my chest so that she's crouching on my lap once more and repeats the process.

Sure, this game lacks a certain competitive edge. If it were packaged in the store it would be more like Girl Power than, say, Wizard's Chess. Still, it's the best game I've ever played.

Like I say every month, I love this age. This is the best age yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that IS a good game!

Kristibelle said...

Oh! What a great game!! 15 months is such a wonderful age...then again, so is 16, 17, etc. :-)

And what a great blog! I've never checked it out

Sarahlynn said...

Aha! I've found you! But you don't allow comments at your blog so I can niether praise nor mock you. :p