- 2-3 pound brisket
- steak rub (I make my own which is quick and fun. Also cheap.)
- beef broth (low fat and low sodium since there's probably salt in the rub and the salsa)
- salsa (the chunkier the better for this dish)
- black beans (2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- fresh cilantro
Main dish: spicy roast
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet while trimming all the fat off the brisket.
- Rub the brisket with steak rub and brown it all over.
- Place the meat in a crock pot and cover with broth and salsa
- Leave on low heat overnight and all throughout the next day. Serve with a slotted spoon for dinner, making sure to catch some tomatoes. The meat will be so tender it's falling apart.
Side dish: cilantro beans
- Place beans in a saucepan over medium-high flame.
- Add a cup of water an a chicken bullion cube (or a little chicken broth)
- Toss in a cup or so of corn
- Dice up some fresh cilantro and stir in.
- Boil off excess liquid, stirring occasionally.