Friday, August 28, 2009

My Sailors

The girls wanted to be sea captains after watching an episode of Caillou. This proved to be no problem as my mom gave them a chest of dress-up clothes for Christmas including appropriate headgear.

But telescopes were required equipment and we only have one kaleidoscope. Ellie got that and Ada had to make do with a not-yet-recycled TP roll. Ellie requested one of the same and discovered that she could now see through her spyglass.

"This is the BEST telescope!" she insisted.



(Yes, a few decorations remain from our Harry Potter party. I'm getting to that!)

4 comments:

Margot said...

Sweet sweet little girlies.

S, I randomly found your blog & saw the Presby logo at bottom & joined Presbloggers! (I'm pcusa clergy, author, & blog irregularly) Nice to find you, Margot
www.margotstarbuck.blogspot.com

Sarahlynn said...

Margot, I'm so glad you found me, and the PCUSA Blog!

My dad's a PCUSA pastor, too.

Love your blog. Welcome!
--Sarahlynn

Anonymous said...

My son is fond of paper towel rolls. But what's -truly- thrilling is when I tape two bits of black yarn in an 'X' across one side like a sight. You know, it just occurred to me that he's convinced me to make -crosshairs- for him.

Hm.

Sarahlynn said...

Maybe a lifejacket/bullet-proof vest for birthday/Christmas/Hanukkah to go along with his sniper rifle?