Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First Down

Happy first Birthday, Adelaide! The year has gone so fast.

2007

2008


Yesterday, Ellie and Ada and I went to Cici’s for lunch. The girls were munching on pasta and breadsticks while I got drinks and pizza to share. When I sat back down, I distributed drinks (lemonade for Ellie, water for Ada) and handed Ellie her plate of pizza, Ada her homemade quesadilla with chicken, cheddar, and pureed broccoli.

“Ma-ma-ma-ma” she said, “I want pizza.”

I’d rather expected that she would, so I had a piece of sauceless cheese on my plate for her. But seriously. It was the day before her first birthday. "I want pizza?!!" Don't get me wrong, she still sounds like a baby much of the time. Most of her words are very hard to understand out of context. Cat and car both sound a lot like, "cah," for example. Still, Ada's amazing, beautiful, wonderful; it's been a great year.

3 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

Each of the three kids got pizza for their first birthday. And cake, of course. And the obligatory photo of them post-cake, covered in chocolate icing.

But ever since I was four-years-old myself and watched my brother put his high-top in his first birthday cake, I have known you don't set the baby on the table with the cake to take a photo... *grin*

Beachcomber said...

Congratulations to you and to Ada on that first birthday milestone!

~Beach

Sarahlynn said...

Ack! No! Strapped into the high chair is the way to go.

Beach, thank you!