Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sister of the Bride

Saturday was my last time (I hope!) as the sister of the bride. When my parents introduce themselves to people now, they can officially say that they have three adult daughters, all married, all home-owners, and (nearly) 3 grandchildren. Wow!

My youngest sister made a beautiful bride. People say that about every bride, of course, but here's my proof:



Ellie made an adorable fairy flower girl, seriously:



And my middle sister and I are pregnant!



That was going to be a great matching bellies shot, but we don't really have one on our camera. Hopefully one of the ones others shot came out. I can't wait to see the professional photos!

Amazing. Married! Pregnant! We're all grown up.

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

My sister is totally the barefoot fairy girl, and I love that she was true to that with her wedding. She had Ellie dress in fairy wings and tutu, and when her pretty white shoes got stuck in the mud on the way to the tent for the wedding, she just kicked them off. She always wanted to get married barefoot!

Ellie loved being the center of attention, and the best part of all was the dancing. She didn't get much of a chance to scatter her rose petals around, given the rain and our removal to a tent full of tables rather than a casual outdoor ceremony. But, fortunately, she's so young that no real flower petal scattering was expected of her.