Wednesday, February 23, 2005

St. Louis in February

I love this place in February. One day we have icy rain and the next day it's bright, breezy, and 70 degrees. The yucky days help you to appreciate the perfect days even more. There are no bugs, it's never too hot, and the beautiful weather feels like pure heaven after the winter blah of January.

Last Tuesday was so perfect that I called Paul at lunch and told him that he had to ditch work and meet Ellie and me at the zoo. He did and we all had a wonderful time. Ellie roared at the big cats and was mesmerized by the giraffes, who were eating their dinner only a few feet away from where we were standing. I loved the sea lions but was disappointed not to see Air Jaws jumping out of their little pond.

Friday was cool and windy but sunny, so my mom, Ellie, and I went to the park. This was also a lot of fun, even though Ellie decided to do a slow-mo header off the end of a slide and got her first ever big girl nose scrape. She only cried for a moment and it's already healed. So precious. Saturday we enjoyed our first Gymwalkers class and Ellie fits in with this class much better than she does with the crawlers class, even though she's not walking independently yet.

Sunday was another gorgeous day and we went down to The City Museum. This is one weird place. We had a lot of fun. Ellie especially enjoyed the slides and the petting aquarium. Yes, that's right. I had an altercation with a rocky protuberance, but other than the comely lump on my forehead I'm none the worse for wear.



I'm inordinately excited by our upcoming visit to The Big Easy. Over the next few months we're going to New Orleans, Dodge City (Kansas), Wyoming, NW Indiana/Chicagoland, and Boston. Busy, traveling us! Perhaps eventually I'll actually write something here again. Like, on a rainy day or something.

3 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

What's with all the travel? You *will* be busy!

Hazelnut said...

That's the most positive thing I've ever heard about February!
ahem, you're supposed to whine and complain about catching colds and bad weather, like me.

Sarahlynn said...

Hah! Well, you are a couple hundred miles north of here. That makes a big difference this time of year . . .