Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
- I have an addictive personality.
- I once called in sick to work because I wanted/needed to finish a book. (I was also sick, but that has never stopped me from going to work.) I did not allow myself to read unassigned fiction during the semester in college.
- I am, therefore, careful about things that are considered addictive.
- I am totally a snob. Just not about the usual things.
- I quit chewing my nails years ago, but now pick at my lip until it bleeds instead.
- I am a mess of conflicting desires and opinions.
- I want a huge, gorgeous house.
- But I think it's selfish and environmentally unsustainable to use more than one needs. Our house fits us fine. Sigh.
- I would love to spend a day a month at a nice spa, having pedicures and massages.
- But I would be horrified at such a wasteful expenditure of money, even if I could afford it.
- I whine about paying more than $15 for an item of clothing. (I shop rarely, and often at clearance sales.)
- But I know that to make clothes cheaply for people like me, the working conditions for some poor girl across the world are probably terrible.
- It can occasionally get a little depressing inside my head because of all this junk in there.
- But I'm really not a sad or depressed person! I make babies laugh! I cried on election night and watching the inauguration!
- I am still uncomfortable around adults with developmental disabilities and those who behave unpredictably. (I am working on this.)
- I want to be a writer.
- Really badly.
- I mean, I am a writer. And I have no need to be Dan Brown, but I do have a certain measure of success that I'd like to achieve in my dream career.
- I used to be skinny. (Like, couldn't donate blood because I didn't weigh 100 pounds skinny.)
- Now I'm not. By a long shot.
- I really enjoy sleep, but have a very hard time making myself go to sleep at night.
- My nightly oral care routine (read: brushing my teeth) is 5 different steps and takes nearly 10 minutes.
- I love coffee. But only with milk.
- I want to travel the world with my children. (But sometimes just taking them out to dinner is exhausting.)
- I am secretly very very lazy. I just hide this behind a screen of keeping very busy.
Which reminds me, I really need to go. I've got a couple of lessons to prepare for later this week, 3000 words of fiction to write, laundry to put away, a house to tidy, bathrooms to clean, a birthday present to wrap, several packages to mail, a book to finish, an over-full Google Reader, and hundreds of emails that need responses.