Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer Vacation

School starts in about a week, and I'm looking forward to it. I've enjoyed having Ellie with me everyday, but I need a break from my summer vacation! I'm picturing quiet mornings reading in bed while Ada nurses or naps. These might not happen, but at least we'll probably be home a bit more.

For much of the summer, whenever we were in town and not hosting visiting family members, our weekly morning schedule looked a little like this: once a week we went to church, once we went out and did an activity as a family, once I got together with an at-home friend, twice we went to playgroups, and one morning a week the girls and I stayed home. Playgroups and other outings might to be a friend's house, the zoo, botanical gardens, Grant's Farm, a park, etc., all in the St. Louis summer heat. After afternoon nap, there was a session of swimming lessons, weekly therapy appointments, church and social engagements, etc. And, of course, the usual errands to be run. I'm beat! On the other hand, we all seem pretty healthy, without the usual influx of preschool germs.


3 comments:

ccw said...

School in a week? Here I thought the 23rd was early.

The girls are so cute! I cannot get over how much both girls have grown. Ellie looks so much like a kid. Where did the baby-ness go?

Orange said...

Love those pictures!

Ben doesn't start school until after Labor Day, and today was the last day of camp. It's gonna be a loooooong month for me.

Sarahlynn said...

CCW, I know, it's so early! And her emergent big-girlness freaks me out a little sometimes.

Orange, and August is the hardest month, too. Too sticky to want to go outside to do anything!