Friday, June 01, 2007

I Don't Get Enough Sleep

My day can be summed up like this:
Today was the first day of Ellie's summer vacation from preschool, and it rained. Meanwhile, she greatly improved her success rate at manipulating interior doorknobs.

On a related note, Ada didn't get much of a nap this afternoon.

More happily, our new stroller came yesterday, and the girls both like it very much. Ellie can climb in and out on her own, which I love (as does she). My main complaint is that the cup/snack holders are wide and shallow, so they don't hold a cup very effectively. The main functional issue at this point is that Ada seems to prefer her hood pulled over her, reducing glare. Ellie prefers Ada's hood to be pushed back, so that she can see her little sister better. So far, I'm happy with our choice. In two trips around the block, I had no significant problems. Paul thinks it could be a little taller (he's 6'4") but wasn't bent over uncomfortably for his trip around the block.

I've invited our new minister and his family over for dinner on Monday evening. That feels like a scarily grown-up thing to do. And it turns out that he's a gourmet chef, primarily with Italian dishes. So I decided to cook a Thai meal. My cooking confidence took a big hit this evening when, for the first time ever, my Béchamel totally failed during a routine dinner prep. I didn't even think that was possible. Now I'm going to attempt something much more complicated, and for company.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Belovedlife said...

You'll have to let me know how you like the stroller after you've been using it for a while. Like I said before, I love it for what I use it for.
YAY on the door knob successes...sorry mom, but that is great (great wrist rotation skill...who has been in therapy for too long? mE!)