Sunday, July 18, 2010

Roomates

It occurs to me that there's something sort of major I haven't mentioned here.

Paul's sister, her husband, and their three-year-old moved in with us this summer.

They'll probably stay with us for several months, until they've sold their house in Maryland and purchased one here in Missouri.

So far it's going great!

But I do have to fight a constant sense of being on vacation. It's summer! We have house guests! Doesn't this mean I should sit and visit rather than being productive? Take them out to all our favorite restaurants? Make special dinners and snack on whatever I want? Eschew exercise?

Sadly, no. And they don't expect it! So I just need to get over this fiesta feeling and get some stuff done. (Rob and I played Nintendo during nap time this afternoon. Oops.)

On a related note, now that we have others living in our house I can tell you in advance when we're going out of town. So here goes: we're headed out to Wyoming for a week at the end of this month. Woo hoo! And I might not schedule posts while I'm gone! But know that our house will not be vacant in our absence so you can't help yourselves to our elderly farting television.

(Picture above taken at Ted Drewes while eating frozen custard. Yum.)

No comments: