Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Public Recognition

Hey, I was recognized last week for the first time. Or, rather, my kids were.

We were at our Parents as Teachers annual Teddy Bear Picnic, tired and frustrated and trying to edge for the door at the time - that description would be for the parents. The girls could more accurately be described as tired and having a great time and not planning on leaving any time soon, thanyouverymuch.

On our way to the coveted exit, Ellie found an activity she absolutely must do involving paint. And Ada thought that looked absolutely fabulous, particularly the eating of the paint part.

And I wanted to get home to vacuum and pick up the books spread all over the family room floor before a couple of girlfriends came over for pizza and the season finale of America's Next Top Model. What? What?!

And a completely unfamiliar woman walked over to me and asked, "Do you blog?"

Why, yes, yes I do. Cool.

3 comments:

Orange said...

I'd been reading Flea's One Good Thing for a while when I pieced together the family's names and location at a birthday party I'd taken my son to, hosted by parents I didn't know (some kid from day camp). She'd said she lived in Suburban Heck, and that matched up perfectly with the actual town name! "Hey, do you have a blog? And a toy shop? I've been reading your blog!" We've been friends IRL ever since.

Sarahlynn said...

Ah! I was wondering how you met; I'd heard you mention the birthday party (on her blog) but didn't realize how it all played out. Funny!

Unknown said...

Hello :)

-Tara, www.twolinesonastick.com