Monday, April 02, 2007

Magical Moment Monday

I was tagged, so I'm slipping this in right before Monday becomes Tuesday.

What magical moments do you have in your life?

This morning, I woke up at 6:00 feeling concerned. Surely Adelaide couldn't have slept all night? She went to bed so early (for her). I went into her room across the hall and checked on her (so amazing that she's in her own room already!) and found her peacefully asleep, a sunbeam across her crib.

I'd no sooner snuggled back into my bed and pulled the warm covers up to my chin against the crisp early morning breeze from the open windows, then Eleanor woke up and came into our room.

I scooped her up and plopped her down between Paul and me, where she curled up and went back to sleep for a few minutes.

I lay on my clean pillowcase, sun on my face, glorying in a beautiful morning, everyone else sleeping for a few precious minutes before beginning the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a magical moment. it sounds positively blisful and oh so gratifying.

I cannot believe that Ada is in her own room! We thought Emma was early at about 4 months, but wowza, we just kicked Gabers out of our bed this weekend - he is almost 9 months old! We did not choose to co-sleep...it was self defense.

Thanks for playing. I'm new to tagging and feared I'd be the only one on the playground.

Love, love this post.

There are so many moments that are simply perfect, but so often get swept away in the drama of the day. I love to read the words describing that fleeting magic and only wish that everybody took a breath and looked for the magic that is around them. Sometimes it just the sound of raindrops against a window pane as you pull the covers over your head, sometimes it is a sunbeam across your child's crib, and sometimes it is snuggling up with your favorite people in the whole wide world.

Yep, definitely doing this next Monday.