Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Did I Always Worry So Much?

Ellie came home from school today feeling "yucky" with cough and fever.

Here's hoping it's a QUICK cold. Because staying from from life for a couple of weeks with the H1N1 dealie is just awkward in October. We have 5 big things she really won't want to miss in the next week. Including . . . the Down Syndrome Association Walk in the Park Cardinals game, a reading from a favorite author, a trip to a local farm, a birthday party . . .

Then HER birthday and everything that comes with that. Plus regular things like gymnastics and soccer that we'll all miss. And, oh, slipped onto the bottom of the list like it's unimportant, you know, my fears for her life and health and those of her little sister. That sort of thing.

Three and a half weeks until flu shots!

6 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Oh no! My concern is for the last bit, not the first ones. Birthday party can happen any time. :o)

Hope that she gets well soon, and that it's limited to Ellie and does not spread...

Orange said...

Did your kids get seasonal flu shots? My son did. We plan to get the H1N1 vaccine too.

Sarahlynn said...

The birthday party in question is AJ's first one. :)

But fortunately Ellie slept smoothly through the night without medication and seems much better today. Fine, in fact. But I'm keeping her home today anyway, just in case.

Sarahlynn said...

Orange, it's still summer, here.....

Ellie goes in for her 6 year check-up in 3 weeks and the girls will both get vaccinated then. I just hope I didn't leave it too late this year.

I personally hate the idea of flu shots. But I do get them for my kids!

(Since having children in school I get all kinds of little bugs, of course, mostly colds and stomach bugs. But I can't remember the last time I had the flu.)

Maya said...

I feel the same way. My Ellie was whiney and clingy last night and my immediate thought was, "Swine flu!"

Sarahlynn said...

Humorously, my girls seem just fine, now, while I'M the one coughing and blowing my nose, wanting to hide in bed for a week. Better me than they!