Friday, January 12, 2007

No Progress Report

Alas, deliciously spicy Mexican food followed by a non-appetizing, non-fat, no-sugar-added ice cream dessert (with Splenda!) along with the doctor's orders have served no effect. The water is currently boiling for my first cup of raspberry leaf tea, and Ellie and I are about to go to the park to walk around a bit. My mother called this morning to express some readiness for me to get on with things already; she wants to get down here before tonight's expected ice storm up her way. I'm game!

A friend just suggested I try shining a flashlight at myself to show baby the way out. Knowing this baby as I do now, I replied that perhaps I might be more successful trying to lure her out with a piece of chocolate. It's worth consideration if the tea fails.

Also, all those of you who live close to at least one side of your extended families? You're smart people.

Suddenly I feel a sense of impending doom. Moments ago, my front yard looked like a staged scene. There were several squirrels and chipmunks dashing around, and dozens of birds (cardinals, blue jays, starlings, and I don't know what all else) were pecking everywhere. Now, the yard - the whole street! - is deserted. How odd.

Well, it looks like it's time for my next plastic tea party. Adieu!

5 comments:

BriteLady said...

Good luck with your various strategies to coax the baby out. I have my fingers crossed for you that your labor either 1) Gets you to the hospital before the roads get icy or 2) Waits until the storm is over and the roads are cleared before kicking in.

In my daughter's case, we don't know what started labor except that I had a couple of hard contractions during an Evanscense concert 1 week before she came (we had tickets in the pit no less...not Merl's smartest purchase, though a good view of a good concert), followed by losing my job then having my entire family descend on me for a baby shower (add in plenty of Merl's yummy homemade salsa that was choc full of cilantro, which I think I'm mildly allergic to)....I don't, however, wish that much stress on anyone in a single week, pregnant or not!

The non-stress tests are no big deal, if it gets to that stage. I have my 4th this afternoon...take a magazine and plan to relax for half an hour!

Look forward to meeting the little guy/gal!

Unknown said...

I like the flashlight.
Chocolate might work.
I think daughter #2 was excited about the fancy little coming home outfit that I bought her that day. (As the youngest in the extended family, she lives in hand-me-downs, but I plunked down some good money for one new newborn outfit.) (This was week 41, btw...)
How about some pregnancy-safe sushi with extra wasabi???

Good luck, Sarahlynn!!!! XXX

CJ said...

Have you tried the activity that got her IN there to get her OUT???

Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, I'm thinking of you and sending you all the good vibes I can think of. It's a good day to have a baby!

Rob Monroe said...

We wish that we lived close to you, too!

Maybe you could use the simple
"Here Baby baby baby...... HERE baby baby baby!!"